Saturday, May 3, 2014

Why the blind spot?

(caranddriver)

So technically, as a driver, the term blind spot is commonly used. If you're one, you know well what a blind spot is. For all our information, it is a area in a vehicle that the driver cannot directly observe. On the other hand, scientifically speaking, everyone of us has a blind spot. This phenomena occurs because a part of the retina which is the optic disk has no cones and rods. Thus, causing a small gap between the visual fields. It is hard to notice where our blind spot is. Because when our eyes are both opened, the right and left blind spots overlap. So to cut this short, we all have blind spots. Even in our lives, everyone has blind spots. These are parts of us that we blatantly or even involuntarily ignore. 

In my life, I have experiences that I have ignored or was hidden by this silly brain that was wonderfully created. Memories, thoughts & experiences should not be hidden or ignored. I, for one, have never been so liberated but through writing. The art of the unspoken word is truly an amazing gift. At this age, living in this world, sometimes it's easier to be silent and get caught up in all the noise. Now I have been reminded that there are other forms where I can tell all my innermost thoughts and feelings. Sometimes talking is too tiring. Some words are better yet unsaid...but written. 

I, you, we have blind spots.

No comments:

Post a Comment